Feb 5, 2009

conversation several hours later.

"Okay, well first thing's first.
I love you. And I'm not cancelling my trip."

i love you, too.
and why not?

"Because I love you."

that's not a reason...

"It's the reason i get up in the morning; it's definitely a reason.
Even if you decide not to see me, being that much closer to you will make it worth it."

i'm not gonna be ok chris
i'm not gonna be ok

"You need someone right now. So I've offered myself completely, and I intend to make good on that offer."


no... please...
it will be a waste of a perfectly good visit and money

"No it won't."

i'll feel terrible

"Then I'll be there to cry on, I'll be there to hold you.
I will go with no expectations."

you don't understand how disgusting i am
no, no, no
you just don't get it. i'm a mess...

"You could never be so disgusting as to drive me away.
You will always be beautiful in my eyes."

you're delusional...

"I'm going to visit to show you that you are not lonely, not helpless, not worthless, not given up on, not a lost cause.

You are not lost, not weak, not disgusting, not lonely, not abandoned."


well... i feel like it. i don't see the point in doing anything anymore.
the only thing i worry about is dragging you down with me.

"No you won't -- I'll be at the top, to pull you up. To follow your metaphor...
I"m anchored so well that no force in the world could bring me down! I'm anchored by my love for you, and nothing can change that."

it's not going to work, it hasn't been..
every day i feel worse and worse

"You have your ups and downs... as hard as you try to hide things from me, I still see them.
Maybe not as clear as I'd like to, but I still see outlines of the things you hide,
and I can figure things out from there."

i don't want you to... you shouldn't have to bear my burdens.
it's not right

"That's too bad! I know you too well to see them."

that doesn't mean i can't keep hiding...

"You trusted me once before; trust me now.
You won't bring me down with you. I want to see you, I will always see you as beautiful."


"I'm just trying to tell you I'm always here for you and always will be. And I still intend on visiting you."

i still don't think you should, it'd just be a waste of time

"It wouldn't, that's just the apathetic part of you talking. It's a waste not to go, and it's a risk I'm willing to take in the hopes that you feel better even the slightest bit."


"I've said it before: let me be your strength, I have enough for both of us.
And you're stronger than you think yourself."

people can only take so much
and i have a bad habit of pushing them past that point

"You could push alllll you want. that doesn't change the fact that I love you. Nothing could change that."

but that's not enough

"For who? For what?"

...i don't know

"Knowing you love me is enough for me."


...


"You're stronger than you think.
I love you,"

I love you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment