Nov 13, 2009

neurotic to the bone, no doubt about it

Officially, I have only been diagnosed with clinical depression and anorexia nervosa. I'm on and off medication for anxiety and am "slightly" obsessive compulsive.

None of this is new. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm pretty fucked up in the head years ago.

But that has yet to keep me from pursuing causation and further biological explanations.

Incredibly recently, I found myself curled up in a chair with some article on some psychological disorders -- while having a panic attack. It dawned on me then how utterly ridiculous it was to be so tied up in finding out why this was happening to me that I neglected to pull myself out of the hole.

And I do this all the time. I have a suspicion that is one of the core reasons I decided to major in biology. Just yesterday I listened to someone who has done a lot of research on Filipino American psychology. Instantly it became necessary for me to learn more about my heritage.

I read once that in order for anything to actually get done you must focus on the solution, not the problem. It's completely opposite of my instinct, but has almost always proven to be much more beneficial.

Hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment