Jan 23, 2010

Apparently, perfect posture isn't enough!

Alright, I give in. I'm literally constantly in pain because of my neck/shoulder/back. I'll see a fucking chiropractor now.

This isn't covered by insurance, of course, but apparently there's a "new patient special" from a clinic my parents went to here in Gresham when they were recovering from a car accident. $25 for the first visit... otherwise $250. I checked out what coverage I get from PSU (they make us pay for the insurance, so I might as well see if I can use it anyway) but it doesn't seem to be much at all -- but they did mention that WSCC does visits for $10 and supplies/x-rays are 20% off. So if I want to drive farther out to be a test subject, I can pay less. For now I'll just see Dr. Ramsey, since my parents recommend him.

Everyone and their mom has tried to lecture me on carrying a heavy bag over one shoulder -- oops. It's not like I don't swap shoulders or have excellent posture otherwise, right? Yeah... not good enough. I've probably been putting up with this pain for umm.. maybe 4 or 5 months now. It's not fun. :( It's at the point where stretching and applying heat/cold have little effect. I don't really know what that means, but it can't be good at all.

I figured in the long run, I'll be glad I had shelled out however many hundreds of dollars so I can actually get a solid nights sleep and not constantly be in pain. So here we go, diving a bit deeper into debt.

Fuck, the water's cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment