Feb 17, 2010

Lent -- Giving up Facebook!

My mamma reminded me it's Ash Wednesday. That means it's the beginning of the Lenten for Roman Catholics. So the most typical means of practicing Lent now is giving up something for 40 days and 40 nights (although it's technically 46 for us) that you've had as a luxury or fulfilling some other sort of sin. Some people give up sex (Josh Hartnett, teehee) or desserts or drinking or coffee -- the idea is that it's some sort of sacrifice.

So I thought about it.

Surely the sin that I am most guilty of is Sloth. Hours and hours every day wasted curled up in bed on Facebook with my iPod, essays that took twice as long to write with Facebook in a tab? The games -- I must confess that I only play them because I'm better than most people at them. Ah, Pride.

So, yes it is true. I'm giving up Facebook, and I will survive all the way to Easter!

My parents don't want me fasting because of my history with anorexia, so I figured I could at least make this significant. Wish me luck, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment