Feb 25, 2010

Out of this world?

I recently discovered the joys of audiobooks and have been pretty addicted ever since. Thomas hooked me up with a Demonoid account invite so I've been downloading at whim! The latest one I listened to was Dr John Gray's Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus. As with all relationship advice, in my opinion, you have to take some of it with a grain of salt. (there has been speculaton about his credentials, actually, as well.) I mean... really? Men and women are from Earth. Nevertheless, it's a useful metaphor. Men and women ARE very different. A man and woman in any given situation, and if you monitor their brains you'll typically see completely different locations with high brain activity. Not to mention the huge weight societies place on gender distinctions!
Anyway, it was very interesting. I certainly would not swear by it (I take this same approach with stuff in Cosmo sex/relationship advice as well) but he made a lot of good points that are worth keeping in mind. Plus, I think his voice is just adorable, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment