Mar 12, 2010

A couple updates, totally unrelated

I love love love Breaking Benjamin's "Shallow Bay." I couldn't tell you precisely why -- on closer examination of the lyrics, I really don't get anything that stands out. But I'm pretty much addicted. I mean I guess I love Breaking Benjamin altogether, and I'm dying to see them in concert when they hit Portland in May. apparently Thomas might come to this coast to see them as well! How exciting. I'd be rather upset if I ended up not going (like the last John Mayer concert :( damn it, Jason) because I have no one to go with. Let's hope it's not really fucking awkward. I'm sure it'll be fine?

Cree and Richard are overly thankful, I think, for the extra bit of work I did for the Final Round in the tournament for Survey of Engish Lit. I mean, I did spend a lot of time on this round, but I kinda feel like I've been doing the least out of the three of us on the team to begin with. I suppose it doesn't seem that way to them? I don't know, it just seems too easy. I'm pretty confident we can win. And even if we don't, I still get an A and that's damn good enough for me.

I wrote some BS poem on this blog in like fifteen minutes. I'm not really pleased with it -- it definitely needs work, but I think it sort of conveys what I want it to. That being... a combination of thoughts and longings I'd been having throughout the day (and, really, the week/month...) in a short series of questions. I'd been thinking of various songs/prose along with -- as per usual -- the boy. "& did you know that youwerebeyondmydreaming?" from Jami, "...you opened your eyes, did you realize that you would be my savior? ...breath that left your lips, did you know that it would change [my] world forever?" from Relient K. Anyway, I don't intend to go back and rewrite it anymore.


I got new clothes today and I'm quite pleased with myself. I even got socks. Yeah. Take THAT, frostbite. I really need to reorganize my closet sometime. I keep meaning to buy better containers for my undies and socks and junk, but I never get around to it. I'd like a uniform set of hangers, as well. Just an OCD thing, mostly... but it would make hanging up my clothes after doing laundry much easier, meaning I'd be more likely to do it.

Crap. I was going to exercise today. FML. I'll do that after I finish writing and putting away my clothes. The due date for my ENG 300 paper got pushed to the 19th, so i'm not too concerned about that. I still have my poetry final paper due on the 15th... I'm not really looking forward to doing, but it really should be easier than I'm making it seem in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment