Mar 7, 2010

Duckula~!!

I love Count Duckula.

Got the first two seasons (out of four) and started right from the beginning, catching a few episodes last night. Danny is the one who introduced me to the show via a video of the opening theme song. It's pretty fucking awesome.

Apparently it's a spin-off from Danger Mouse. Both shows were on Nickelodeon before my brother was born (~1992) but I never watched either. The characters in Danger Mouse look very familiar, so I may have seen an episode or two of that -- but we didn't have Nickelodeon at my house, so it had to have been somewhere else.

Duckula: "ENOUGH! I can't stand this anymore!"
Youbee: "Of course you can't stand, we strapped you to the sacrificial altar."

Duckula: "A roller coaster ride! We must have a go on that, Igor!"
Igor: "I think I'd rather have my head removed from my body, sir."
Duckula: "That's the trouble with you, Igor. It's always self, self, self. Why don't you think of others for a change? Now if I say we go on the roller coaster, we go on the roller coaster. You too, Nanny."
Nanny: "Oh, no.. I- I think I'll stay here and watch Mr. Igor take his head off."

Igor: "The Duckulas have always found a warm welcome in Spain, sir, at your cousin Don Diego's."
Duckula: "Oh, a warm welcome! A friendly kind of guy, huh?"
Igor: "No sir. A pyromaniac."
Nanny: "Oh he's NOTHING of the sort, Mr. Igor! Just likes setting fire to things."

No comments:

Post a Comment