May 1, 2010

May Day (not to be confused with mayday!)

I'm glad May is finally here! I have a bad history with this month, but this time around I think I'm feeling lucky.

I took the April challenge on 750 Words and, quite to my surprise, stuck with it all month and completed it. Go me, goby! When you sign up for the challenge you have the opportunity to come up with a reward and a consequence for completing it or not, right? Apparently, I'd said that for my reward I'd go to the salon for some stuff. Since I didn't specify what I'd actually get done there -- my exact words were "I will... hit the salon!" -- that's sort of what I'm deciding on today. The problem with coming up with a reward for myself is that I don't exactly have the highest level of self-esteem around so it's quite possible I just won't go at all to save time and monies. That and I'm disgustingly indecisive in general.

I think the image the was in my head when I came up with the idea was just me sitting there being pampered at some salon? -- like I said, I didn't really expect to actually stick to the challenge. I dunno. I might go with a manicure or pedicure? Hell, maybe indulge and do both. ...okay, well, probably not. But I'm positive this week's going to drag by painfully slowly, so might be nice to start it off feeling pretty! We'll see what I decide on later I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment