Jun 26, 2010

S. Colbert: "agnostics are just atheists without balls."

"Agnostics don't assume they know that there's nothing, but we don't assume we know there's something. we just accept we don't know."

No.

You're just an atheist without balls.


Or maybe you're an ex-Christian with trust issues. I don't know, and I don't really care.

What the hell do you bother labeling yourself an "agnostic?" You just don't know what the fuck you think -- that's not something to be proud of. That's something you should pursue if it means enough that you feel the need to give yourself a name under this bullshit umbrella of "religious views."

What do you label yourself politically if you just give up trying to figure out what you believe and support? "Independent," maybe? But even that wouldn't work -- if you're registering as an Independent, you're still participating. You're still voting, still making decisions about what's most important to you. How can I see an "agnostic" as anything other than a lazy-ass moron?

Religion's about faith, it's about believing what you can't know for sure during this lifetime.

And I realize how many wars have been fought over religion and how much controversy the various groups spring upon each other, but on an individual basis, I've never met an "agnostic" I've actually liked. To be frank, any "atheists" I've talked to are douchebags. I'd much rather talk to someone with different beliefs than I have -- not only do we have more in common because we don't lack the balls to take a leap of faith and believe in something, but we're less cynical, less analytical, less pessimistic.

So just shut the fuck up about your "religious views," you "agnostics." Grow a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment