Apr 27, 2011

this sweetness will not be concerned with me

So after the untimely death of my previous website, chel.lunatic.nu, I decided the years of telling myself I'd get my own domain and host were finally worth something. In the interest of sustainability, I opted for an eco-friendly provider (Captain Planet would be proud) -- GreenGeeks. I didn't get a chance to backup the most recent files off lunatic, but I had most of them saved on my laptop, so after a little CPR my personal website is back up. I'm still in the process of updating stuff and way behind on designing the layout, but it's functional! Hooray!

It took me a while to come up with a domain name, since it's just a personal website and my options are theoretically limitless, but I settled on thissweetness.net. We'll see if I get tired of it in three years. If my adoration of the Jimmy Eat World song is any indication, I should be in love with it for at least a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment