Dec 10, 2011

Saturday in December

I had what will probably be my last visit with Dr. Blyss on Wednesday. It took me by surprise -- Dr. Ramsey had me coming in for over a year and I still didn't feel fully recovered. But I'm actually not constantly in pain anymore. Funny how chiropractors are different when their priorities are different. I suppose that isn't entirely the reason -- my reduction in medication seems to have aided the most in the reduction of my dizziness and high heart rate. I've cut it in half, approximately -- maybe 200mg less than I was taking before. This is, of course, not under the supervision of a psychiatrist because Kaiser won't give me another one yet. No matter. Ideally, I'll be able to wean myself off of all my medications (not including birth control, although I did look into permanent contraception the other day) so I won't have to worry as much in two years when I no longer qualify for my parents' health insurance.

Fall 2011 term is officially over. I think grades are up next week, but honestly I don't care -- I finished, and that's all I can ask for at this point. I admit that it's a little sad that I don't hold higher standards for myself, but I've been doing that for two decades and we all know how that turned out.

I've felt more productive lately, felt more positive. I feel better, I guess. Not quite good, but better enough that I  have hope of being able to wake up smiling again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment