Dec 6, 2009

gave up on myself (you didn't give up on me)

I have had no change in medication nor any visits with a therapist of any sort.

Interestingly enough, I notice an improvement nevertheless.

Of course there have been changes -- most notably academically. With a lot of support and encouragement from people, I changed my major to English, and met with an advisor to plan out the extra year I'd be taking. I'd really always wanted to major in English... but something about Filipino families makes their children feel like failures if they don't become doctors. My parents are a lot more understanding now though, so that helps.

So I'm enjoying school more, and less stressed. Chris is infinitely supportive and loving as usual, and I can go to Brit or Tom if I'd rather talk to someone else.

I'm visiting aforementioned wonderful boyfriend and staying with him and his family for the holidays. Leaving the 16th at night... I cannot wait. :)

Some things still require conscious effort to go through and I am still unsure about this papercut-phobia I seem to have. It's just weird.

All in all, this the first winter I've found myself happy during for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment