Mar 9, 2010

Friends

Danielle and Tony got engaged yesterday (yes, again) and this time around things seem much more solid than when he first proposed when they hardly knew each other. They both have gone through a lot since they split, and have been back together for a while. I'm trying to look to her experiences as hope -- staying strong through love and loss all on her own in another state. I don't think I could ever do that... I'd break down way too fast. I mean, just look at my year at Linfield.

"Everything's okay in the end," Brigit told me once, "If everything's not okay, it's not the end."

It's difficult, not having close friends nearby. Back in high school, I saw Mitchell every day and just a few class periods seemed like forever without friends. And yet now, my dearest friends are many miles away and the love of my life is behind the western mountain range.

I suppose it's not the end, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment