Apr 29, 2010

"Remember! Girls are more prone to whiplash... so headbang safely."


Jin invited me to come down for Warped Tour in June! That'll be awesome. Technically I'm the backup in case this other girl can't go, but since I don't mind being a third wheel (I embrace awkward situations) I'll probably end up going anyway. Oregon is literally the last stop for the tour, so instead of waiting 'til August (and I might go to that show anyway) I get to go two months early! Hooray for me! The lineup looks pretty neat. The band I'm most excited to see is Mayday Parade, but Motion City Soundtrack's gonna be there, All-American Rejects, The Rocket Summer... uhmm, well, a lot of bands that I can't remember right now because I'm tired and I think this week's totally fried my brain.


I've got a lot of schoolwork lately and I'm in the midst of midterm exams. I have my Lit of Genocide one and Victorian Lit presentation next week and the Shakespearean Tragedies paper the following week. Lots of reading to do (and catch up on...) and this undergrad English major advising thing. You have no idea how much I welcome the weekend with open -- and extremely tired -- arms.

Today we talked about some Holocaust poetry in Genocide Literature, which was pretty interesting. That's totally my area -- poetry in general, that is... not the Holocaust -- so I actually had a lot to say, which I think took the professor by a bit of a surprise because I usually don't really say anything during lecture. Part of that is because I usually don't do the reading, more of it is because I can't stand people that always raise their hands in lecture, but it's mostly because I don't like to speak if I don't know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I was slightly disappointed when class ended and there were still a lot of poems we didn't get to discuss.

I think I was going to bitch about the weather, but I had a dream about gummy bears during my nap today, so all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment