May 3, 2010

Excerpt from 750 Words

I try so hard to hate you and I try so hard to let you go but you linger on my lips and in my ears and when I close my eyes I still see you, I still see you

I took down our frame of photos the other day. Covered it up with notes from Victorian Literature. Tucked it away in a little plastic drawer next to my desk. And all the little tickets and all the little things you gave me. I still wear the necklace... although I must admit that I am conflicted about it. I remove it before showering and sometimes just don't bother to put it back on again. It never ceases to make me think of you and sometimes I just simply cannot bear it. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, the thought of you is a mere fleeting moment that I can suppress for the time being.



Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment