Apr 9, 2010

Random metaphors

--but what if I'm making a mistake?
How can I know? How can I ever be sure?
There is no fast-forward and there is no rewind button out of this scene for this movie we've made. (&it was a hell of a good one, wasn't it?) There is no script to scan and there are no lines to foreshadow the next part.

Sick of filming in all these places -- give me a city, give me a setting. (give me a sign?) I can't play my part without you. None of your understudies can get into the character like you do (did?).

"... and just like the MOVIES ,
 we PLAY out  our  last  scene 
.you won't CRY;i won't scream."



A painted face?

A stage kiss?

A fake set?
where did the starlet go?
she's backstage drowning //

where are you?
I remember coming here
with you holding my hand--

I just can't find you anymore and there is no PA system to call you back to the front register of my heart like when you used to hide in the clothes racks of the department store when you were young.

I cannot browse through every wheel of garments in sight,
pushing aside each carefully-hung item with anticipation

hoping I might
find you
smiling behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment