Apr 8, 2010

;watch those JAWS drop."

Uh. So I just woke up, haha.

When I got home I did a bit of reading and a pretty long yoga routine (~40 minutes?) that felt good. Then promptly passed the fuck out. Uhhh, I guess I was tired. I've got this app on my iPod, Sleep Alarm or something like that, that you stick on the corner of your bed at night and it detects your movements over time to determine what state of sleep you're in. It's pretty neat. Anyway, I've been using that for.. I dunno, a little more than a week? And apparently the average amount of sleep I've been getting is ~4-5 hours. Which isn't so bad, until I realize that I spend a lot of that time tossing and turning or just staring up at the ceiling, unable to tell my brain to STFU for the night. Ehhh. I realize that the body adapts to your habits -- I notice that some days I've gone into REM sleep (well, according to the app) remarkably fast. Clearly my body isn't too optimistic about the amount of sleep I'll be giving it.



Lately I've been relying on Genius for my playlists because I've been kinda lazy in that department, and it hasn't been too bad. Occasionally it'll throw in the random ballad off a Papa Roach song I choose as the original. Hey, whatever! That's what the fast-forward button is for. I noticed I've been favoring Cute Is What We Aim for on my iPod today, hence the blog title. I took the Cramer elevator to the third floor from the basement because my feet weren't going to forgive me for doing the stairs, although it was a bit crowded. I only had one headphone in because I was fumbling through my bag for something, so the entire elevator could probably hear my music. Good game? I didn't mind, and just replaced the other headphone once I got settled. I may or may not have blown the mind of some of them, because when I got off and turned around to look at the map, I saw at least two people staring, one guy had his mouth open in either disbelief or surprise. Funniest. Thing. Ever. I would like to thank my daddy and Mitchell and Christopher for contributing to my gravitation towards heavy metal.

Nothing special today -- sat through lectures and took notes like a good little girl and was extremely grateful when my last class ended, because that marked the beginning of my weekend! Hooray. One more week down. Have I graduated yet? Zzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment